Wow, I never thought I’d see myself in a half page of the Straits Times! I feel very honored and want to thank you all, my readers, for your support and readership.
Excuse me while I whip out my crumpled piece of paper and make sure I thank various people:
OK, I want to give thanks to:
- God who does “exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we can ask or think” To Him be all Glory!
- My parents for teaching me to do all things well or don’t do it at all
- My wife and kids for developing the patience to wait while I take pictures of the food
- iwatch_ueat, who not only helps me in the clinic, but also records the details of all the food stalls
- My regular Makankakis who support me by coming along to the makan sessions, recommending new places and writing their own review on the food
- The forummers, some of whom are the real Makangurus. They instigated me to start the blog and continue to be the source of new food places to visit
- The hawkers and food sellers who provide us with the great eats but also allowing me to take pictures of the food and sharing some of their stories with us.
- Every reader of the blog. “If a tree fell in the forest and there was no one to hear it, is there still a sound?” Yeah, chew on that for a while.
To our new readers: “Welcome and I hope you find something good to eat!”
Now enough about that. Let’s get on with the makaning!