I am sure that the regular readers of this blog and those who know me personally will know that I have many other passions besides Food and Photography. (Fishing being one of them but that is another story). One of those things I find really fulfilling is to meet with a group of friends to share our views on God, life family and faith.
Now, I know that there are some readers out there who might be wanting to be part of such a group or who have many questions that they would like to ask, but just don’t have the opportunity to do so. So here is your chance!
My church group is organizing an Alpha Course which will be starting on 28 March (Friday) night and it would be a great if you could join in. We will meet in someone’s home in the Bedok area, have dinner (Yes, there must be food!), watch a 45 minute video and then everyone will sit down together to have an open discussion. It will be a great chance for you to ask the questions that you have always wanted to ask in an environment where everyone is expecting to ask questions.
Alpha has been over the years the most successful introductory course on Christianity and is supported by most of the main stream churches. (Catholics and Prostestant) It has been so successful because it is designed to allow questions to be asked and answered in a non-threatening environment. The Guardian (UK) wrote:
“What Alpha offers, and what is attracting thousands of people, is permission, rare in secular culture, to discuss the big questions – life and death and their meaning.”
You can read more about Alpha here
So if this is something that you feel that you would like to do, why don’t you come join in? It would be a real pleasure to meet up with you.
You can write to me at email@example.com and I will furnish you with the details. If you feel that Bedok is a bit too far but would still like to join a group, there are also other groups around the island which you can join.
Below is the except from the Alpha brochure
What is Alpha?
- The Alpha course is a practical introduction to the Christian faith.It is relaxed, non-threatening, thought-provoking, low-key, friendly and fun.
- Listen, learn, discuss and discover. Ask anything. Alpha is a place where no question is regarded as too simple or too hostile and all viewpoints are respected.
- No matter what you’re facing, Alpha is a place to ask why 鈥?with freedom to share or just sit back and listen.
- It is supported by all the main Christian denominations.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is for everyone, especially:
- Those wanting to find out more about Christianity
- Irregular church-goers
- New Christians
- Those who want to brush up on the basics
What are some of the topics discussed?
The Alpha course consists of a series of weekly talks over 10 weeks on topics such as:
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- Why and how do I pray?
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- How does God guide us?
- Does God heal today?
I look forward to seeing you soon!