A nicely charred ribeye steak with a luscious mushroom sauce is a gourmet dish which you can easily make at home with a few simple ingredients delivered to your doorstep with several taps on your keyboard! It doesn’t take a lot of time to do and would be infinitely better than a steak that you order for home delivery!
All necessary ingredients were sourced from Redmart. Click on the ingredient to add to your cart.
Redmart label – Gourmet Swiss Brown Mushrooms 1 punnet (200g)
Shallots 4 or one small onion
Garlic 2 cloves
Knorr Beef Cube 1/2 cube
Bulla Light Thickened Cooking Cream 1/2 bottle
Cheong Chan Thick Caramel Sauce 2 tsp
De Nigril Balsamic vinegar with grape must 1 tsp
1. Pat the steaks dry and sprinkle with salt and black pepper on both sides.
2. Heat pan and add butter and oil
3. Pan fry ribeye steaks 1 min on each side for medium rare. 1.5 mins for medium
4. Remove steaks and tent with aluminium foil and allow the steaks to rest.
5. Add chopped shallots and garlic to pan and fry till fragrant
6. Dissolve 1/2 cube of beef stock in 1/4 cup water and add to the pan
7. Add thickened cream to pan and bring to a simmer
8. Add caramel sauce and balsamic vinegar and adjust to taste
This mushroom sauce goes really well with mashed potatoes! To make mash potatoes, peel russet potatoes and boil till they are soft. Then add butter, salt and white pepper and mash!
LESLIE5OFF – Redmart Voucher Code
Until 30 Sep 2020, get $5 off a minimum purchase of $40 on your Redmart order by using this <Leslie5OFF > code. Limited to the first 100 redemptions only so hurry!