I was asked by Today to provide a few thoughts on men who cook which was published in last weekend’s Today paper.
These were the questions that I was asked:
- What do you think of men who wear the aprons at home?
- Who does the cooking in your household, and why?
- How does the ability to cook enhance a man’s appeal to the opposite sex?
My answers were:
- An apron is to men what a French Maid’s uniform is to women. Its rather sexy don’t you think? Especially if it is ONLY the apron…… But seriously, I think most women appreciate a well domesticated man.
- I’m pretty fussy about food, my wife is more chin chai, so I do the cooking since there will be less quarreling that way. Besides the person who does not cook gets to wash up and I don’t like washing up.
- I was told that one of the things women want in a relationship is security. If the guy can cook, she’ll never have to worry about being hungry. Even in an economic downturn, a few eggs, flour and chopped up vegetables can be transformed into a pretty mean Okonomiaki!
How would you all have answered those questions?